Rachael is away on maternity leave and will not be taking on clients until February 2020
I am a clinical psychologist registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board and the United Kingdom Health Care and Professionals Council. I have extensive experience working with children, adolescents, and adults, across a variety of public and private health settings in both New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
I offer therapy for a range of psychological difficulties including:
- Anxiety (including panic, social phobia, OCD, phobias and perfectionism).
- Eating difficulties and body image concerns.
- Low mood and Depression.
- Trauma and PTSD.
- Somatic concerns, medically unexplained symptoms, and chronic fatigue.
- Stress management and burnout.
As a therapist, I provide a warm, relaxed, and genuine approach that is tailored to an individuals needs. I use a range of evidence-based treatment approaches and I am committed to “what works” in psychology. I have expertise in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Family Based Therapy for eating disorders, CBT enhanced for Eating Disorders, and Trauma Focused CBT.
In addition to my private practice, I am employed by Auckland DHB in a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) as a clinical psychologist and an eating disorder liaison for the service.
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology from the University of Auckland.
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Human Biology and Psychology from the University of Otago.
Please give me a call or an email if you would like to make an appointment. I am happy to answer any questions and/or provide more information over the phone. I look forward to hearing from you.