D.Comp.N, MSc (Hons), PGDip HealthPsych, University of Auckland
Registered with the NZ Psychologists Board
Member of the New Zealand Psychological Society and Institute of Health Psychology
With over ten years experience as a psychologist working in public hospitals and private practice, and having had a previous career as a registered nurse, I have gained a great deal of knowledge and expertise working with people experiencing a wide range of physical and psychological problems.
I specialize in health psychology, a branch of psychology that focuses on the interactions between psychological and physical health. My aim is to assist you to optimize your physical and psychological wellbeing in order to create a rich and meaningful life based on the values that are important to you.
I offer therapy for:
- Anxiety and depression
- Self esteem and body image
- Stress management
- Adjusting to and coping with chronic illness such as diabetes and heart disease
- Diabetes burnout
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems
- Health behavior change such as quitting smoking and weight loss
- Preparing for and adjusting after bariatric surgery
- Needle phobia and anxiety about medical procedures
- Coping after medical or surgical trauma.
I draw on a range of evidence-based therapies in my practice including Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing and Problem Solving Therapy.
I am happy to discuss your goals for therapy by telephone prior to your first appointment.